As we prepare for the National League semi-final between Wexford and Tipperary on Sunday, we bring you some interesting stats ahead of the intriguing decider.
- Tipperary named 12 of last year’s All-Ireland winning team to face Wexford tomorrow.
- In the 4 previous clashes, it has ended (2W 1D 1L) in favour of Wexford.
2005: Wexford 2:19- 2:15 Tipperary (NHL)
2007: Wexford 3:10-1:14 Tipperary (All-Ireland Quarter F)
2010: Wexford 0:19-3:24 Tipperary (All-Ireland Qualifier)
2011: Wexford 0:17-1:14 Tipperary (NHL)
- In this year’s National Hurling league campaign, the Model County remain unbeaten, notably overcoming Kilkenny, Limerick and Galway.
- Tipperary won the National Hurling League (division 1) 19 times, in comparison to Wexford’s 4 times.
- John McGrath is Tipps top scorer in this year’s league campaign with 3: 19 (0:08 frees), while Conor McDonald is Wexford’s top scorer with 2:31 (1:11 frees).
- Wexford’s last div 1 League title win came in 1973, while Tipperary last captured the title in 2008.