After a break of hurling action for the Yellowbellies, the Wexford Senior hurlers are on the road again…
In the opening two Allianz hurling league rounds, Wexford defeated Waterford and Cork respectively – with Jack Guiney stating that they targetted those games ahead of the new season. This time around, they’ll face a journey to Semple Stadium where they’ll face Tipperary.
Davy Fitzgerald has named his side:
Meanwhile, the Tipperary team has also been named:
1. Daragh Mooney – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
2. Seán O’Brien – Newport
3. James Barry – Upperchurch-Drombane
4. Michael Cahill – Thurles Sarsfields
5. Barry Heffernan – Nenagh Éire Óg
6. Padraic Maher (Capt.) – Thurles Sarsfields
7. Paudie Feehan – Killenaule
8. Brendan Maher – Borris-Ileigh
9. Ronan Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
10. Seán Curran – Mullinahone
11. Noel McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
12. Patrick Maher – Lorrha-Dorrha
13. Michael Breen – Ballina
14. Jason Forde – Silvermines
15. John McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
The last time Wexford faced Tipperary occurred in the League semi-final in 2017, a match most-remembered for an on-field scuffle between Davy Fitzgerald and Jason Forde.
Fitzgerald will be hoping that his side will go one step further this time around as the Wexford Senior hurlers aim to avenge their previous loss and get another crucial two points on the board.