One Wexford player was named on the Electric Ireland Minor Hurling Team of the Year…
The Wexford minors were successful in the Leinster Championship this year, ending a 34-year drought for the Model County.
Despite losing out to eventual All-Ireland winners Galway in the All-Ireland semi-final, it was a great year for the Wexford minor hurlers, who, alongside their Senior counterparts, brought long-awaited glory back to Slaneyside.
One member of the Wexford minor panel who caught the eye of many spectators throughout the campaign was Rathnure clubman, AJ Redmond.
Redmond’s performance in the Leinster final in particular, where he scored 1-11, was one of the best performances from a minor hurler in Croke Park. For his efforts on the pitch, Redmond was chosen as the full-forward for the minor hurling team of the year.
Electric Ireland Hurling Team of the Year
1. Aidan Tallis – Kilkenny (Lisdowney)
2. Christy Brennan – Galway (Clarinbridge)
3. Eoin Lawless – Galway (St. Mary’s, Athenry)
4. Ronan Lyons – Limerick (Monaleen)
5. Ian McGlynn – Galway (Kilconieron)
6. Cian Galvin – Clare (Clarecastle)
7. Peter McDonald – Kilkenny (Thomastown)
8. Alex Connaire – Galway (Sarsfields)
9. Patrick Kirby – Limerick (Patrickswell)
10. Greg Thomas – Galway (Ballygar)
11. Seán McDonagh – Galway (Mountbellew – Moylough)
12. Cathal O’Neill – Limerick (Crecora-Manister)
13. Billy Drennan – Kilkenny (Galmoy)
14. AJ Redmond – Wexford (Rathnure)
15. Shane Meehan – Clare (The Banner)