Just under one week out until the u-21 Leinster semi-final, Wexford have found out their opponents…
After Dublin’s three-point win [2-13 – 1-13] over Westmeath in Mullingar, Wexford will now face the Dubs in the semi-final in Parnell Park on Wednesday, June 20th, a tie that which will be shown live on TG4.
Some of the Dubs’ most notable players include current Senior stars Donal Burke and Fergal Whiteley, while Eoghan Conroy and centre-back Conor Burke are also worth keeping a watchful eye on in next week’s clash against the Yellowbellies.
Meanwhile, in the other semi-final, Galway will face reigning u-21 Leinster Champions Kilkenny.
Dublin team vs Westmeath:
1. Dara Perry (St. Vincent’s)
2. Donnacha Ryan (St. Brigid’s)
3. Paddy Smyth (Clontarf)
4. Shane Howard (Fingallians)
5. Eoghan Conroy (St. Maur’s)
6. Conor Burke (St. Vincent’s)
7. Daire Gray (Whitehall Colmcille)
8. Fergal Whitely (Kilmacud Crokes)
9. Lee Gannon (Whitehall Colmcille)
10. Ciaran Dowling (Lucan Sarsfields)
11. Eoghan Dunne (St. Brigid’s)
12. Ronan Hayes (Kilmacud Crokes)
13. Cian O’Sullivan (St. Brigid’s)
14. Donal Burke (Na Fianna)
15. Paul Crummey (Lucan Sarsfields).
20. Conor Ryan (Craobh Chiarain) for Gannon (23)
22. Colin Currie (Na Fianna) for Dunne (HT)
23. Cillian Costello (Naomh Barrog) for O’Sullivan (47)
18. Jack McVeigh (Faughs) for Howard (59)
24. Aidan Mellett (Ballyboden St. Enda’s) for Dowling (63).
Scorers for Dublin vs Westmeath: Donal Burke 2-3 (1f), Ciaran Dowling 0-4, Ronan Hayes (2f, 1 “65”) and Fergal Whitely 0-2 each, Colin Currie and Eoghan Conroy 0-1 each.